Friday, July 11, 2014

Michael G. in a nut shell

Age: The Honolulu Marathon as well as Roe v. Wade and I are all the same age (Roe v. Wade and I came into this world within days of each other) 

Birthplace: Born at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs Colorado
 

Hometown: I am lucky to be able to call Makakilo home for the past 33 years
 

Paid Occupation: Private Secretary to the Deputy Director of the Department of Human Resources Development for the State of Hawai‘i
 

Unpaid Occupation: Community Organizer * (see list below)
 

Party: Progressive Democrat (I come from the Elizabeth Warren wing of Dem. Party)
 

Education: Alumni of Mauka Lani Elementary, St. Louis High School and
McLaren School of Business at the University of San Francisco
 

Interests: Social Justice, movies and traveling
 

Why am I running: Because our district deserves a Representative that will make being our representative their number one priority and I am that person. I know the issues since I grew up on this hill - I do not need to read about them in a history book or in a report from a staffer - I have lived them.


Endorsements:


 

 



Progressive PAC

*List
Co-chair of the Kapolei City Lights Electric Light Holiday Parade (2007 - present), Ua Ao ‘O Kapolei Volunteer (2007 - present), Chair of Honolulu Pride (2010 – present), Chair of GLBT Caucus of the Democratic Party of Hawaii (2012 – 2016), Member of the State Central Committee of the Democratic Party of Hawaii (DPH) (2012 – 2016), Member of the Hawaiian, Labor and Kapuna Caucuses of the DPH, Blood Bank Drive Coordinator, Aloha United Way - Safety Net Council Member, 2013 & 2014 Platform Chair for the Oahu County of Democratic Party of Hawaii, 2014 Platform Chair for the Democratic Party of Hawaii, Membership Chair for the Democratic Party of Hawaii (2012 – 2014), Member of Ho‘opili Task Force (2006 – present)

No comments:

Post a Comment